Nowadays everyone relies on their internet connection, whether it’s for streaming on or reading the latest news, and the most unpleasant thing is the moment your internet connection is interrupted.
As it makes a disturbance for your activities, solving your internet connection problem is quite simple, here are a few tips you could try when your internet connection is not working:
Try a different device
Try another device, such as cellphone, and see if it will be connected to WiFi. If other devices are connected, they can be moved with the device you are using.
If there is a problem with your PC, follow these steps:
- Make sure the computer’s Wifi is turned on. Depending on your computer, there must be a button or switch that you can press to fix and turn off Wifi manually. If you determine that your computer’s Wifi is off, restart it and try connecting again.
- If you still cannot connect to the internet, reboot your computer. Often, a simple reboot will fix a simple problem, because it allows the computer to reset itself.
- If restoring your computer does not fix the problem, open your Network Preferences to ensure that you are entering the correct network. Also, make sure you enter the correct password. Enter the password carefully and slowly, enter Caps Lock is not active.
- After you open your username and password and are sure you entered them correctly, your connectivity problems might be related to signal strength. Try to say the name of your network, do you have a full bar or only one? If it isn’t full, your signal strength might be weak, approach your router and try again.
- Run your network programming and setup wizard. If you are using a PC, just right-click on the network icon in the notification area and select “Troubleshooting”, read these steps. If you are using a Mac, open the Apple menu in the upper left corner of your screen and select “Network”. Click “Assist Me” and then select “Diagnostics”. After the Network Diagnostics Window opens, steps are taken.
- As a last resort, temporarily turn off your firewall and try again to get online. If you can access the internet, there is something wrong with the firewall. Contact the technical staff to determine the problem. You don’t want to surf the internet without firewall protection because it can make you vulnerable to virus attacks.
Check your internet connection
Before you even “scream” at your router, look at the WiFi icon on your computer. Does this indicate that you are connected to WiFi? If so, the Internet may be used. Otherwise, the Internet or WiFi can cause you to lack access.
If you click the Wifi icon, you will see a kind of internet connection – this will look a little different, depending on the operating system your computer is using.
For example, you will see whether your computer is connected to Wifi or to the Internet. You can click on each connection to troubleshoot problems from your computer. If that doesn’t work, then your modem or router might be causing trouble.